Monday, February 9, 2015

The deer.

So,  I married a hunter. I am NOT a hunter, nor will I ever be. I have nothing against hunters but the only thing I like to hunt is a good bargain.  My husband on the other hand loves to hunt. I've never understood the thrill of getting up at the wee hours of the morning to go out in the freezing cold to sit in the middle of nowhere and do nothing. To each his own, but that's not MY idea of a good time.  Anyhow, he's always joked about mounting a deer on our walls. To which I always responded with a  resounding NO. Not happening, no way, no how.  Especially now that we have so little space. We live in a 1000 sq ft house for goodness sakes. Not happening.

Until today. 

A little back story, he came home a couple of months ago, with a grin from ear to ear on his face.  After inquiring about said grin, he informed me that he shot this deer and he wanted to have it mounted. I was like "yeah, ok...whatever, dude".  Not seriously, even considering that he was actually serious. Well, he was and the deer is now sitting in my living room. And as you can imagine, I'm just beyond thrilled about it. (do you detect the slightest bit of sarcasm???)  

I admit to being upset and fuming about it for a bit but then after discussing this with a friend of mine, we decided that I should have a little fun with Mr. Buck until he finds a new home. ;) Because he IS going to find a new home. TRUST. It WILL happen.  I can only have so much fun with it, anyways. And I only have so much room in this house. 

So, I thought it would be fun to chronicle Mr. Buck's time here in our house.  Tonight, he got a makeover via some left over halloween costumes. 

I'd like to introduce you to Captain Buck Sparrow. 

Classy, eh?!  This look may be a keeper. I think I'm liking him better, already! ;)

Stay tuned for what we come up with next! 




No comments :

Post a Comment